Friday, February 12, 2010

Muddy Buddy Madness

It's time to start planning for The Muddy Buddy. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's a 2-person run/bike/obstacle course with a deep mud pit at the end. The smack talking has already begun, as I intend to demolish the Tall Guy Surfing team.

The Orlando Muddy Buddy is May 8 at Disney's Wide World of Sports. If you're interested, here are a few things for your checklist:

A buddy (preferably one of a similar height so you can share a bike)
A mountain bike
Old clothing/shoes
Clean clothing to change into after the race
An appetite for beer (there will be a Red Hook beer garden)

The old shoes are a must. Here's what my legs looked like after last year's race:



If you think that's bad though, check out my face:



My partner pushed me face-down into the mud. :) This year I won't be as trusting. Or I might just have to beat him/her to the punch.

Sounds like your kind of race, but you're not into biking? Then check out The Warrior Dash. It's a race with mud and obstacles and you get your own warrior helmet. Does it get any better than that? I don't think so.

3 comments:

Britriguy said...

Nice! See you there....

TallGuySurfing said...

Hmmmmm... sounds like there's a challenge on the table? hehe... Go Team Rockstar!

Morgan said...

I did Muddy Buddy last year and LOVED it! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!